Rules and Regulations
The following rules and regulations were established by the cemetery committee in session and
passed unanimously March 2, 2005.
- All new interments must be buried with a vault.
- Lots are allocated to members and non-members. If
however a family dies off or no member is buried in a plot after 50 years,
the plot space will be retuned to the church for future internments.
Non-members will pay as follows: $400 per space, $800 for 2 spaces, $1600
for 4 spaces and $2400 for 6 spaces.
- Flowers placed on graves will be removed if they
are in disrepair, worn or weathered to the point that they are an
eyesore. No permanent trees or plants will be planted without first
consulting the cemetery committee.
- The cemetery committee will provide new flags for
all veterans, U.S. and Confederate, when the old ones wear out.
- New internments should have a tombstone or
footstone one year from internment. All new internments will be
immediately added to the cemetery plat.
- No more copias or closed-in family plots will be
- There will be no satanic symbols or cult symbols
on headstones, footstones or tombstones.
- Non-church members wishing to use the church for
weddings or funerals must pay a fee of $75 for the sanctuary and a $50 for the fellowship hall. The money will go to the church general fund. No wakes
will be allowed in the church. Only ordained ministers can utilize the church
or fellowship hall.
- The cemetery committee will require a brief
history of any future internments for historical and genealogical records.
- Only church members will be on the cemetery
committee. All members will be voted on by the congregation and all monies
spent will be approved by the session and all other church committees.
Donations for the Longtown Presbyterian Cemetery
Committee Fund can be sent to:
Longtown Presbyterian Church
8010 Longtown Rd
Ridgeway, SC 29130
All contributions are tax